Sunday, March 3, 2013

Holy Family Catholic Church

These were taken February 27th.
I thought these were eaves....

That tree ruined the picture! It's not even alive, it's dead!

That statuette scared me...I thought it was a person.





Ba da ba ba ba, I'm lovin' it.
Get it? Because it looks like McDonalds...
Sorry, I'm not funny, on to more colonnades.
Anyways, I don't know about this colonnade. (Okay, according to the definition this isn't really one, but I looked for pictures and it said this was a colonnade.)
I will pay somebody to tell me what this building is...I know it's near First Presbyterian. It was for sale or rent. But do you see that colonnade on that portico! (Nice!) 




It's an arch. With a point.

More pointed arches! with an archivolt! 
(For another archivolt look at First Baptist.)








  • Eaves (eevs) The part of a roof that meets or overhangs the walls of a building
  • lancet window(lan-sit  win-doh)In Gothic architecture, a tall narrow window ending in a pointed arch.
  • rib vault (rib vawlt)A vault in which the diagonal and transverse ribs compose a structural skeleton that partially supports the masonry web between them.
  • votive statuette
  • colonnade (ˌkäləˈnād)A series or row of columns, usually spanned by lintel.
  •  archivolt (/ˈärkəˌvōlt/; ahr-kuh-vohlt ) The continuous molding framing an arch. In Romanesque or Gothic architecture, one of the series of concentric bands framing the tympanum.
    • pointed arch (poin-tid ahrch)A narrow arch of pointed profile, in contrast to a semicircular arch.


No comments:

Post a Comment